World Architects and Annual Global Celebration of the International Architecture Day
The original decision at the 1985 ISA meeting was to celebrate World Architecture Day on July 1 each year. In 1996 the International Union of Architects at its 20th General Assembly in Barcelona adopted a resolution to move the celebration of World Architecture Day to the first Monday in October to coincide with World Habitat Day.
The Importance of Architectural Art
From Argentina and Venezuela to Brazil and Bolivia, countries around the world pay tribute to the work of architects.
Architecture affects society and the world around us in many different ways. At its core, architecture exists to create the physical environment in which people live. However, architecture is much more than just the built environment. Architecture is part of our culture. It reflects not only how we see the world, but also how we see ourselves.
Although the concept of construction has always been quite simple and straightforward, the style of a building was determined by the value it could bring to society, the materials that could be used, and the climate of a particular place. However, as technology developed and the world became more interconnected, styles evolved. Despite this, even in modern construction, it is still important to consider cultural nuances.
Architecture affects society not only on a high level, but also on a personal level. Everything from finish materials to the layout of a room can affect the productivity, mood, and health of the people in that room.
With all of this in mind, it’s easy to see why day architecture is so important. Architects play a huge role in society. Their work is a combination of science and art that intertwines politics, economics, sociology, psychology, and more! We should appreciate their work and pay tribute to all the amazing things they have done to date.
A Bit of History
Created in 2005 by the International Union of Architects (UIA), Architecture Day is a day to recognize world architects for their work and to celebrate some of the world’s great architectural works.
Every culture’s architecture is definitely important, and architects can shape all of our lives through their work. In addition, architecture plays an important role in planning for the future, supporting population growth, and addressing a number of social issues.
Every year, events are held around the world where architects, engineers, planners, and developers gather to showcase their work, discuss future projects, debate current topics and plan new business ventures.
Celebrating Architecture Day
One way to celebrate Architecture Day is to take the time to take a look at some of the highlights of the field. For example,
- The Perot Museum of Nature and Science in Dallas, and London’s The Shard, the famous 72 – story skyscraper that changed the face of the British capital. It was inspired by church spires, and the octagonal glass decagons create a structure that reflects the sky and the city around it.
- In Beijing, another interesting and impressive architectural structure is the Linked Hybrid. It was built in 2009 by Steven Holl Architects.
- Singapore has Gardens by the Bay, which was named Building of the Year by the World Architecture Festival in 2012.
- The Burj Khalifa was built in Dubai in 2010. Skidmore, Owings & Merrill are responsible for this amazing creation, which boasts the most stunning and graceful silhouette encircled by a glass curtain wall.
- Iceland Concert Hall and HARPA Convention Center. This building boasts a kaleidoscopic façade of multicolored glass. Artist Olafur Eliasson came up with a crystalline shell that perfectly complements the structure’s combined geometric, jagged volumes.
You can also celebrate Architecture Day by finding out if there are any events and activities in your area. There are many exhibitions, panel discussions, and conferences around the world on Architecture Day. If there are no events or activities taking place in your area on this day, look online to see if they are broadcast. Thanks to the Internet, these events are now often streamed online so that everyone can take advantage of them.
Another way to celebrate Architecture Day is to pay tribute to the incredible work done by architects. You can share images and information on social media or on your blog if you have one. In this way, tell people about a local architect who stands out for his or her talent.
Today’s date is not merely a professional holiday; it is a tribute to the work of architects, a tribute to their work, which is a combination of science and art, and to the important role that architecture plays in people’s lives.
Houses are like works of art, amazingly beautiful buildings, luxurious structures. Architecture is a part of our life that surrounds us and becomes an asset. We congratulate on the Day of Architecture all those who are involved in this profession.
- You liked our writing? Well, what do you think about it?
- Nooo, it can't be! Why you did not like it?!