Jewish Book Week
What Is Jewish Book Week?
If you have not been acquainted with Jewish Book Week yet, allow me to introduce you. Jewish Book Week is a week that honors and celebrates Jewish Culture. It is a time which is dedicated to learning about the history of Jewish people as well as their culture that lives on today. Essentially, this week is intended to inspire communities to learn more about other cultures, whether it be their own or not.
Although we should constantly be stretching our minds with diverse information, Jewish Book Week is a time to focus solely on the Jewish Culture. This week serves as a reminder to indulge in the histories that may have never been taught to us. The more we know about what other people have been through or continue to go through, the better we can live cohesively as one human race.
When Did Jewish Book Week Begin?
The Jewish Week Book event first began in 1925. 95 years have come and gone, yet the Jewish Week Book 2021 event will continue this week of learning and growth. Initially, this event was ignited by the Jewish Book Council which exists in both the United States of America and the United Kingdom as well. It all began with Fanny Goldstein. Fanny was a librarian at the Boston Public Library at the time.
She created a display of books that were all about Jewish culture and Jewish history. People showed great interest in this Judaic display, alas, Jewish Book Week commenced. This event continues to be celebrated in many states across the United States of America, however is more prevalent celebrated in the United Kingdom. Keep reading to learn about how you can get involved in this Jewish Week Book 2021.
How Can I Get Involved?
Getting involved in Jewish Book Week is actually quite easy. Here are some of your options:
- Seek Out Community Events
- You may not even know that for all of these years people in your community have been celebrating Jewish Book Week. Hop on to your community Facebook page or local website to see if any events are happening near you. Reaching out to your local library is also a great way to find information surrounding this annual event.
- Order Your Own Judaic Books
- If you are a homebody, order your own books and read from the comfort of your room. Learning doesn’t always need to be a group activity. Share what you learned from your readings with friends and family. Knowledge serves no purpose unless it is shared.
- Host A Book Club
- Choose a book and get a few friends or family members to read it with you. Hop onto Zoom and share your thoughts and dig deeper into your newly found knowledge.
Celebrating Jewish Book Week is all about being open to learning new information whilst celebrating the Jewish Culture. We could all diversify our brains, why not start this from February 27th to March 7th, 2021?
- You liked our writing? Well, what do you think about it?
- Nooo, it can't be! Why you did not like it?!